American Express Careers
Manager Assistant, General Counsel's Organization
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
Our mission is to protect and strengthen American Express through legal expertise and strategic advice that helps our business partners manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on the company’s promise of exceptional products and services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry and the valued partnership between our team and the business, we see it as imperative to attract and develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
This position will report directly to the EVP & Managing Counsel for the U.S. Business Legal Group (“BLG”) and will serve as a critical member of the Business Legal Group team. This role will have regular interactions with senior leaders across the General Counsel’s Organization and in the various lines of business supported by the BLG. The successful candidate will support the planning and execution of duties in managing the legal team and the EVP & Managing Counsel’s day-to-day work advising the U.S. Consumer, Commercial Services and Global Merchant and Network Services businesses, as well as the Global Advertising and Brand Management organization.
This individual will be highly energetic, organized and a self-starter with a strong ability to multi-task across multiple disciplines, priorities and deadlines. Specifically, the Manager Assistant must have:
- Acting as a central point of contact for urgent business issues, initiatives managed from the BLG executive office and addressing a range of informational requests
- Being able to prioritize and directly manage certain day-to-day issues on behalf of the EVP while keeping her informed and aligned
- Lead the BLG outside counsel budget management, project tracking, goal setting, PMP/Talent Assessment processes, year-end compensation, training and development, colleague recognition and colleague engagement initiatives and events
- Manage and develop the agendas for the BLG Roundtables
- Structure team communications, including development of presentation materials for BLG events such as Town halls & BLG Roundtable Series
- Provide project management support for certain cross-BLG initiatives
- Develop presentations and prepared remarks for leader for key internal and external meetings, organize and attend meetings, ensuring the leader is well prepared for meetings
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with exceptional ability to translate ideas and thoughts
- Strong detail orientation with ability to think “end-to-end”
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience operating with large cross-functional teams, internal and external partners
- Excellent project management, organizational and process/workflow skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understand drivers and impacts
- Ability to efficiently prioritize, solve problems independently, escalate appropriately, manage tight deadlines, and handle changing priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Mature, strong sense of integrity, discretion and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to transform ideas and concepts into clear and concise presentations
- Proven organizational skills and experience and ability to think analytically and grasp legal concepts
- Experience in managing matters within a large organization with a matrix structure
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred (MBA or JD)
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10080
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2018, 6:28:59 AM