American Express Careers
Team Leader, Merchant Acquisition (SME Market)
Not just what you can expect, what you can count on.
- This is a team leader role suitable for those who has more than 2 years of team supervision experience, and is aspired to further develop people management and business strategy skills in a Fortune 500 company.
- The team leader will manage a team of 10-15 field sales.
- The business objective is to drive significant growth in small merchant acquisition through deploying a high energy sales team to uncover market coverage opportunities, active cold calling and sell-in prospects in targeted districts, and to ensure the merchant on-boarding process and experience is smooth, efficient and comply with corporate policies and market regulations.
- Develop team to deliver on sales and other "Key Performance Indicators" (KPI) on a regular basis.
- Coach, support and develop team members through daily meetings, monthly 1 to 1’s and formal coaching sessions. Build and foster a positive and result driven culture.
- Support Senior Manager to recruit and train new hires. Training is not confined to classroom but active joint calls in field as well.
- Need to understand, implement and communicate key business strategy messages. Schedule and organize team activities.
- Develop selling tactics & test new ideas to drive sales performance. Produce detailed actions plans to demonstrate work undertaken to improve individual and team performance.
- Track and measure individual sales and team performance. Produce, analyze and interpret management information, identifying trends and proactively recommending solutions and improvements.
- To ensure that all team members meet the required standards for quality and compliance and ensure adherence in respect of corporate policies and guidelines, as well as other legal and regulatory bodies relevant to the business.
- Provide operation support for merchant on-boarding & team performance management.
- Provide subject matter expertise in handling escalated customer calls as needed.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Higher diploma or above
- More than 2 years of solid sales supervision experience with proven track record
- Good spoken and written Chinese and English
- A problem-solver, excellent communicator, organized and comfortable with reporting and numbers
- Able to coach and lead by example
- Strong work ethic and high integrity
- Experience in Payments / Credit Cards / Bank / Industry selling into Merchants is preferred
- Experience in managing field sales is preferred
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 4, 2019, 3:35:32 AM