American Express Carrières
Description du poste
The underwriting team performs credit analysis based on financial data for corporate customers who request a credit limit (new or adjustment of existing limit) across the different brands and products at entity level. Furthermore, the team treat consumer override requests (escalation of rejected new applications).
- Master general knowledge with regard to financial analysis and handling the corporate credit underwriting tool.
- Verify if all required documents are complete (including collateral if any) and request additional information to complete into the corporate credit underwriting tool.
- Formulate credit advice based on the available financial data in the corporate credit underwriting tool to enable a decision at the appropriate delegation level, taking into consideration the implied financial and credit risk for Alpha Card. Present the credit advise to the credit committee upon request.
- Decide credit limits and credit limit increases within the granted delegation level for decision making, based on the underwriting credit tool results.
- Perform the required analysis and provide a credit advice in order to enable sound credit decisions with respect to the defined SLAs.
- Manage the corporate underwriting inbox and worklists to ensure timely handling of credit limit requests submitted by B2B or escalation requests submitted by B2C.
- Contact Sales and other departments concerned to request incomplete customer data or clarifications of available customer data.
- Review and assess the efficiency of the corporate underwriting tools, forms and processes.
- Handling of all corporate credit files and decisions according to the procedures, enabling their easy retrieval and the generation of activity and performance reports.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Minimal expertise and competencies:
- possess preceding knowledge and experience of the products, services and procedures within the own domain and execute a number of well-defined tasks instructed and supervised by a manager
- process data out of one specific sub-discipline and look for pattern and cause /effect
- act on own initiative within well-defined guidelines and procedures and able to propose normal improvements under supervision of a manager
- transfer own knowledge and transfer way of working in a formal and informal way
- Answer correctly and in a structured way more complex questions from customers according to set rules and procedures. Able to correctly report on data and incidents
- treat others fair, respect confidentiality and approach others in an honest way
Education and learning time:
- The function requires a knowledge that is at least equivalent to a secondary degree (or equivalent experience) with 3 to 6 months learning time.
- Dutch – Experienced (written & oral)
- French – Experience (written & oral)
- English – Experience (written & oral)
- MS Office - Experienced
- Proprietary IT platforms
- Job specific IT systems
- Able to analyse and interpret annual accounts
- Basic knowledge accountancy
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Temps plein
Date Posted: 22 nov. 2018, 05:23:20