American Express Careers
American Express Campus Graduate – Data Analytics Full-time Manager
American Express Campus Graduate – Data Analytics
Finance is at the center of all key business decisions, providing decision support, funding, reporting and transaction services that help grow our business and uphold our reputation as one of the premier finance organizations in the world.
Whether you’re working with a business unit focused on the consumers, small businesses or major corporations, you’ll have the opportunity and resources available to make an impact. It sounds exciting because it is.
The candidate will be part of one of Amex's Quantitative /Modeling Finance teams, made up of highly talented individuals with strong intellectual curiosity. The essence of the work involves mining, manipulating and synthesizing data, predictive modeling and analytics to drive actionable recommendations. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to work with the leadership team, gain deeper understanding of our business and build key business relationships.
What Type of Work Will I Do:
- Build and implement statistical models to forecast customer engagement and retention behaviors for the Global Consumer and Global Commercial segments, helping drive business strategies.
- Leverage machine learning tools and techniques to develop a holistic predictive model of monthly US Consumer spend.
- Build tools to analyze trends and key drivers in the US & International card portfolios to help forecast billings and loans
- Research industry best practices for statistical methods and segmentation techniques to help improve model methodologies
What Backgrounds / Experiences Are We Looking For:
- Experience in using statistical software, such as SAS, SQL or Python, and in manipulating large data sets for development of statistical/predictive models
- Experience with Tableau / Hive / R skills is a plus
- Experience with building models using machine learning algorithms including Gradient boosting , neural networks , random forest is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated knowledge of data extraction and analysis techniques using complex financial databases
- Highly motivated individual with desire and ability to learn and work on ambiguous projects in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages to various audiences through effective verbal and written presentations
- Thought leadership and creativity in solving challenging business problems
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional teams by influencing decisions with sound logic and analytics.
- Ability to solve ad hoc business problems independently and manage multiple priorities and projects while adhering to deadlines
- Currently enrolled in a full-time graduate degree program. Preferably in a quantitative field such as mathematics or statistics with excellent understanding of statistical/predictive models
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2018 and June 2019
Why Work at American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Learn more about our Finance group at American Express by visiting https://careers.americanexpress.com/students/
With a job at American Express, almost anything is possible. Apply now!
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We
appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in
contact with you by April 30th.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Tags: US reqs – MBA/MS
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2018, 3:01:45 PM