American Express Careers
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Do you like analyzing information, finding trends and providing solutions? Do you like to find the errors in things? Love to proofread and see what "might" go wrong? Do you always have the Customer in mind and want to make sure they get exactly what they want? If yes, come join our team of professional defect finders who are true advocates of the User Experience. Collectively, we look to ensure quality for both our American Express Customers and our internal partners throughout the Global Servicing Network family. We are looking for detail oriented, Customer focused, out-of-the-box thinkers who are not afraid to raise the red flag on behalf of our Customers.
The individual filling this role will be expected work on MIS & Data analytics for TRAM & take care of COE functions like report developments, conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. The Individual will also develop new analysis and reporting capabilities while monitoring performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
What we are looking for in an ideal candidate:
• A leader amongst your peers
• Not afraid to speak up for what you feel is right (graciously)
• Has proven experience in speaking and working with multiple levels
• Has ability to lead through influence, effective communication, negotiation and consensus building skills
• Has a global view with growth mindset
• Has the zeal to perform MIS/Analytics
• Ability to challenge status quo and provide constructive solution
• Manage stakeholders globally and work within the TRAM organization across sites
• Capacity utilization & allocation of meticulous WBS
• Tracking and monitoring TRAM team productivity by leveraging existing data sources
• Monitoring project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing status reports, recommending actions and escalating appropriately
• Forging strong relationships with various internal business partners, technical partners and vendors
• Tracking and monitoring defects that arise during UAT
• Project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing status reports, recommending actions
• Work on leveraging enterprise practices and solutions for TRAM analytical needs
Graduate with 5+ Years work experience with minimum 3 years of experience in MIS & data integration
Understanding of American Express work culture is a plus
Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
Technical expertise regarding basic data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
Hands on experience with reporting packages, databases (SQL, Teradata & Cornerstone etc.)
Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing and presenting datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, Tableau etc.)
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy (unstructured as well as structured data)
Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Proven proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products, with particular strength in Excel and PowerPoint
Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and implement time management strategies to ensure deadlines are met
BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
Proven self-starter with strong problem solving and decision making skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to flex work schedule to meet project demands including extended workday and/or possible weekends
Flair for working with peer & vendors; solving any issues that occur
Exposure to Project Management methodologies a plus
A passion for our Customers & a will to win in the most high pressure situations!!
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2018, 3:37:27 AM