American Express Careers
Small Business Sales Consultant, Commercial Acquisition Group
Growth! That is what matters most to our clients and to our employees! Our U.S. inside sales group (Commercial Acquisition Group) has been growing for the last 7 years and counting. The team started as a small “pilot” of 8 people and 1 manager and is now an organization of 320+ employees on two coasts. We are currently hiring for our Sunrise, FL location.
If you are interested in growing your career; if you are an experienced inside sales professional with a proven track record of success in a high volume cold-call environment; if you want the opportunity to work on a world class sales team with opportunities to earn a six figure income; if you want to be coached by a leadership team that spends time developing their people; if you want to join a team that dresses for success and feels excited about coming into work every day; and if you want to have fun while growing a successful corporate career you should apply to this role. We just moved up 5 spots on the Fortune 500 list from 90 to 85....come find out why!
As our team continues to expand, we are searching for people who possess self-confidence, a positive attitude, and willingness to speak with successful business owners and persuade them to use our products, a high level of business acumen and executive presence. If this is you and what you want, we look forward to meeting you very soon. The primary focus of this role is to use inside sales to acquire new commercial customers with annual company revenues of $500,000 to $4 million. The ideal person will have the confidence and discipline to cold-call potential customers as well as the consultative selling skills to engage small business owners in conversations about their needs and how American Express products can provide a solution.
- Make outbound calls to contact business owners, using target lists provided by American Express
- Engage in phone consultations with small business owners and decision makers, learn about their needs, and recommend the right American Express Small Business products
- Maintain high levels of product and service knowledge, clearly communicate appropriate product features and benefits and other elements of American Express Small Business products
- Effectively manage pipeline of prospective customers
- Continuously seek to improve key selling skills, including building rapport, understanding customer needs, handling objections, and closing sales
Inside sales experience preferred
- Proven track record of driving results in a cold-call inside sales environment; demonstrated performance working across products with different sales cycles will be a plus
- Track record that demonstrates an exceptional ability to obtain new business or grow existing business relationships
- Ability to rapidly acquire and maintain high levels of product and service knowledge, clearly and compellingly communicate appropriate product features and benefits and other elements of American Express business services
- Strong listening, communication and consultative sales skills
- Confident and friendly communication style
- Ability to flex style for multiple audiences and levels of customer stakeholders
- Ability to confidently ask for the business after the need is uncovered
- Intellectually curious: willing and excited to learn about new products, solutions and services that our customers may value
- Collaborative mindset: comfortable working with team members to maximize individual and company performance
- Positive “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic. Ability to use feedback in a positive way with personal accountability
- Strong computer skills: comfort with Microsoft Office, simultaneously navigating multiple web-based tools
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 3, 2019, 3:42:43 PM