American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager-Product Operations
The American Express Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) organization centralizes many of American Express’s web, mobile and digital partnership development activities and enables the company to leverage digital expertise. We are aimed to drive growth, margin expansion and marketplace differentiation and to accelerate our digital strategy forward. The team develops and scales across the enterprise high-impact, mobile-centric and personalized digital experiences across the customer lifecycle and adapts to the evolving needs of our Card Members, merchants and partners.
Within EDA sits the Enterprise Digital Membership Experience team which aims to deliver differentiated digital experiences for our Card Members through the web, mobile and push communication channels. The Web Experience & Products team is looking for a Product Operations Manager.
The Product Operations team drives the membership web portfolio by connecting teams and processes that enable and optimize the delivery of essential digital experiences. This team works closely with our product, channel and engineering teams to increase transparency, better manage capacity, increase agility, and drive execution. It is also responsible for driving prioritization, planning, process improvement and continues to navigate through cross functional dependencies while building strong relationships both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated
self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and lead
programs with limited guidance. The individual must be organized,
culturally-aware and a strong communicator who can effectively multitask and
prioritize as needs evolve.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead operational processes that support product development: Portfolio Prioritization, PI Planning, and Stakeholder engagement
- Responsible for managing program increment commitments, release trains and ensures active removal of blockers
- Monitor and communicate progress of ongoing releases in terms of priorities, schedule and assessment of risks/issues.
- Create and publish program status dashboards to enable transparency across a broad set of teams and stakeholders
- Formulate, recommend and implement best practices across teams to improve effectiveness and ability to execute.
- Work in partnership with Product owners, engineers and design to create and organize the product backlog, and assist with Jira Enrichment exercises
- Manage and facilitate product feature release dependencies with other stake holders
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading agile (scrum) program management and processes successfully in organizations is a plus
- You manage stakeholders with compassion, confidence and exceptional clarity with relation to the product strategy and overall mission for your customer
- Strong understanding of agile, scrum, and project managing an iterative, lean product organization
- Experience implementing and leading Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and leveraging tools such as Jira and Rally.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to know the right information to be shared with each respective audience.
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate across all levels and stakeholders within the global organization.
- Demonstrated program management, organization and planning skills applied in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Proven decision making & problem solving capabilities with strong follow up skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and work within ambiguous situations.
- You can selectively communicate technical ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Extremely detail oriented, understand how detailed execution can have direct consumer facing impact.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2018, 10:27:39 AM