American Express Careers
Senior Administrative Assistant
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
• Experienced in managing and providing administrative support for a large team, supporting multiple leaders.
• Experienced in managing travel arrangements for leaders and managing the agenda for visiting leaders in the geography.
• Extensive experience in managing expenses for the unit and ensuring timely payments to the vendors.
• Organizing and managing logistics for multiple events for the team.
• Coordinating on-boarding and off-boarding of employees and contractors.
• Owner of the employee data for the organization.
• Driving the agenda for people strategy initiatives within the organization.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Qualifications• Graduate with at least 1 year of experience supporting a large team.
• Fluency in English communication - written as well as verbal.
• Ability to prioritize & multi-task.
• Ability to network & build relationships.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel, MS Outlook e-mail and calendar.
• Previous experience in a personal/executive assistant or secretarial role supporting senior management level is an added advantage.
• Tactful and discrete with a mature and professional attitude to work.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure, and effectively manage change upon short notice.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and efficiently progress multiple tasks.
• Proactive and intuitive with ability to anticipate needs and requirements.
• Enthusiastic, keen to learn and be challenged.
• Ability to respond to requests quickly and execute tasks accurately.
• Strong presentation skills.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 7, 2018, 6:16:01 AM