American Express Careers
Production Support Engineer
You won’t just shape the world of software. You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every single day. Today, creative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we build a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re passionate about a career building breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of chances to define your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing in this team specifically:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team at the forefront of site reliability and production support engineering
- Putting your sharp analytical and problem solving skills to immediate work in reviewing, debugging and reporting on customer issues and queries
- Utilizing enterprise tools including the Atlassian product suite (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket), Slack, MS Office, Splunk and ServiceNow to own efficiency in production issue resolution
- Finding opportunities to adopt and implement new technologies
In this role you will also have the opportunity to drive improvements in engineering tooling, DevOps, automation and CI/CD practices in use by 15+ scrum teams in the Web Engineering space. Continuous improvement, technological advancement and learning is what this team is all about!
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 2+ years of software development and/or production support experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
Every member of our team will be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business strengths, including:
- Agile Practices
- Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
- Personal Excellence and Accountability
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an extraordinary place to work, and a huge part of why we regularly win the best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to seek a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2019, 6:43:00 PM