China Joint Venture Express Company is one of the strategic imperatives for the company and includes a major investment program for payment network market entry.
Reporting to the Head of Business Planning & Strategy, this position enables and supports the team in its overall business strategy development, planning, coordination and execution. This role is ideal for someone with a passion to drive effective change in a fast moving and innovative environment.
The Director will handle a broad range of complex business and management challenges, anticipating and addressing roadblocks and risks, as well as facilitating decisions and creating an effective and efficient set of team processes and interactions. Key responsibilities will include:
• Deep understanding of the American Express business or previous experience in payment industry
• Experience in network consulting services or consulting firm a plus
• Strategic thinking with the confidence and composure to effectively communicate with senior leaders and external partners
• Outstanding leadership and relationship building skills with proven ability to influence without authority across peers, superiors & external stakeholders to drive projects with little direction
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight timelines, adapt to changing circumstances, make decisions quickly and juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Superior organization and planning skills along with proven business and financial acumen
• Drive for results in ambiguity with the ability to achieve outcomes with little guidance
• Strong will to win and high level of integrity required for handling confidential information
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• High energy, an optimistic attitude and strong team spirit. People management experience a plus
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Responsible for the overall effectiveness and management of the Business Strategy Global Network Strategy & Transformation office
• Responsible for conducting research and identifying new partnership opportunities that will be critical to the future of the joint venture’s business in China
• In charge of partnering with Marketing and Business Development teams to establish and manage the business model for the network’s value added services including developing, planning and coordinating and executing branding & marketing, organizational resources and business strategy.
• Make recommendations and sharing insights with the leadership team on important business decisions, ensuring that business decisions are effectively communicated and implemented, while building consensus with key stakeholders in the organization and across different markets and business lines
• Overall responsibility for managing meeting content and presentations, including updates to senior business partners, town halls, etc. Particular emphasis on creating effective and impactful presentations to summarize complex thoughts and solutions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2018, 3:52:03 AM