American Express Careers
Manager New Product Development
- Create, own, drive and track E2E Project Plan and associated Amex governance including decision and update forums.
- Drive required internal communication and governance.
- Run the core team with key internal stakeholders with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure all business requirements and product features are documented, prioritized and submitted to the correct delivery teams according to the platform delivery deadlines.
- Partner with internal cross-functional stakeholders (Marketing, Global Network Services, Risk, Fraud, Credit, Compliance, GCO, Technologies etc.) to ensure milestones are met.
- Own, manage and drive to resolution issues and risks or raise to governance forums for the removal of obstacles.
- Understand the detailed tasks required for project execution in order to provide leadership and support for the relevant core team members.
- Identify any gaps in proposed execution approach, recommend alternatives, highlight and align with key stakeholders.
- Drive flawless execution and implementation of the new capabilities ensuring they meet market needs and adhere to local regulatory, compliance and risk requirements.
- Drive integration and beta testing and ensure all go to market materials and training is in place for relevant internal teams.
- Experienced manager with knowledge of American Express products and business operations.
- Tech savvy and experience of delivering via the SAFE Agile methodology.
- Excellent Communications Skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form to different audiences with varying backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results, work well with and influence different levels of the organisation and with customers and partners.
- Proven track record of Project Management in a matrix environment, dealing with multiple stakeholders and driving robust project governance and stakeholder management.
- Personal Excellence – High degree of integrity, comfortable speaking up for what is right as well as reporting/escalating risks and concerns.
- Collaboration & Relationship Skills – strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills. Proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing partners in a matrix environment to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo to drive alternate solutions and testing new ideas to meet customer needs.
- Learns from mistakes and setbacks demonstrating resilience.
- High Energy/Flexibility – Must be a highly motivated self-starter working with a sense of urgency.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2018, 10:44:31 AM