American Express Careers
Manager, Merchant Acquisition And Client Management – English Speaker
Why join the EMEA Merchant Acquisition Sales Department?
Do you have a native level of English and have experience managing sales teams? At American Express we can offer a great brand, career, training and a fantastic team environment to develop your career. As a European sales hub, based in our new European Head office, we offer a rewarding package and the opportunity to work at one Spain's premier employer brands.
If you enjoy inspiring people and are a strong communicator with the ability to build rapport,engage teams and drive a high performance culture this could be a great opportunity for you.
The EMEA Merchant Acquisition Sales organization is a sales team of different nationalities speaking more than 28 languages based in Madrid. Our teams successfully acquire, engage and develop and manage relationships with merchants in all European Markets.
Reporting to the EMEA Merchant Acquisition Sales Director for the UK Market, this position will be part of the leadership team and will have a dotted reporting line to the UK Market Head. The Merchant Acquisition Manager will manage a sales team of 26 people, including team leaders, Client Managers and Sales Executives.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear.
What do we expect from you?
We are expanding and growing our sales team, the successful candidate will be a driven and resourceful individual with experience and passion for sales and team management. He/she will deliver thought leadership to challenge conventional thinking, in order to meet annual targets trough promoting AMEX acceptance to merchants across the assigned markets.
- Assess, align and successfully implement client management and sales strategy
- Recruit, build, develop and shape his/her own Sales Team
- Organise and motivate the team to grow the AMEX acceptance network in the assigned markets by following up on leads by phone to sign new Merchants.
- Manage, coach and support the team in order to maximize performance of sales driven results (acquisition, expansion and retention).
- Create and foster a high performance environment.
- Plan and support the implementation of new campaigns and initiatives to achieve sales targets
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Driven by objectives, ambitious and communicative
- Excellent team management, previous +3 years experience requiered
- Passionate about sales and client management. Demonstrated experience in a Sales or Client Management environment
- Strong project management
- Proven history of bulding and levaring relationships with external/internal clients
- Native level of English written and spoken required. Any other language is a plus
- Knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Access and PowerPoint, Salesforce a bonus)
What do we offer in return?
Success is rewarded through an attractive package, a generous sales incentive plan and a strong benefits package. Positive attitude!
Benefits and perks
- New state of the art offices, very well connected just near to Feria de Madrid. Metro Station one minute, ten minutes conneted with the city center. Parking facilities.
- Meal Vouchers
- Medical Insurance
- Life and Accident Coverage
- Amex personal card with no annual fee
- Educational and Language Allowances
- Work from home (up to three days per week)
- Sports, Voluntary activities, healthy incompany activities (Yoga, Pilates, Hipopresives, Soccer Team, Phisiotherapy, Mindfulness)
- Amex cafeteria, shower rooms, international collaborative library and many other building facilities
- And lots more!
It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, apply now – we are recruiting for roles with immediate start!
Check out this link for more about American Express!
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 17, 2018, 6:30:22 AM