American Express Careers
Senior Software Engineer - Openshift / OSE, Linux administration
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Senior Software Engineer – PaaS
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
American Express has embarked on an exciting Cloud, Big Data and Mobile transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team. You will contribute to a rock star engineering team which is delivering the next generation auto-scaled, Highly Available, hybrid cloud enterprise application platform (Iaas/PaaS) for the mission critical American Express Delivery Transformation initiative.
The platform will deliver a framework to support multiple programming languages i.e Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby/Rails, Scala and Fuse for enterprise and consumer mobile & web application developers. You will create innovative tools and capabilities to enable continuous delivery - building, provisioning and administering multi-tenant, scale-out applications throughout the life cycle, from development, test and into production. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. As a senior engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to maintain a robust, efficient, effective, 24x7 service operation for the Private Cloud environment and its tools. We will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. You will work closely with your India and US leaders and peers to deliver a “Follow the Sun” capability that is best in class in Quality and Capability at a cost effective price point.
• This is individual contributor role and the person is expected to manage/ support PaaS (Openshift based) cloud platform and expected to adhere the shift pattern (Full night shifts are not expected).
• Ensuring good customer experience around cloud platform stability, availability and performance.
• Bringing innovation and new ideas to proactively enhance the platform availability, performance and stability.
• Incident, change and problem management.
• Automate manual tasks to reduce manual efforts and human errors.
• Documenting SOP, Runbooks and knowledge base articles.
• Recommending security best practices and work with security teams to plan and execute vulnerability remediation and addressing security related escalations.
• Prepare Weekly and monthly status reports & Work on the service improvement programs.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Must to Have-
• Must have experience supporting Openshift based PaaS platform
• Sound knowledge and experience managing Docker, haproxy and etcd
• Sound knowledge of HTTP error response codes, SSL encryption, Load balancing methods
• Sound knowledge of heap dump/ thread dump generation and analysis
• Sound knowledge of Linux administration ( SELinux security context, services, file system, etc.)
• Sound knowledge of operating CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira and devops model
• Basic Knowledge of using Splunk, AppDynamics.
• Intermediate level experience implementing or managing cloud security.
Good to have-
• Experience configuring or using Redis, kafka, postgres.
• Hands-on experience for hosting and managing enterprise class applications on AWS/Google/ Azure public Cloud
• Hands-on coding experience with python or GO or Java
• Experience in writing Ansible playbooks
• Experience in planning/ implementing cloud security practices for hybrid cloud.
• CCSP or other cloud security certifications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and team player attitude
• Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2019, 6:26:56 AM