American Express Careers
Sr. Analyst, Consumer Customer Marketing
Consumer Marketing Services (CMS) is responsible for marketing for all US Consumer Charge and Credit products including acquisition of new members, deepening engagement in early tenure, loyalty marketing for tenured members, and retention efforts spanning all channels. The CMS Customer Marketing & Content Strategy Team at American Express is focused on driving member engagement and brand relevance through innovative loyalty marketing strategies.
As the marketing landscape evolves with Customers expecting Brands to provide increased personalization and utility, we have an opportunity to deepen our focus on how to leverage our data and channels to engage with card members in new ways through a cohesive use-case based marketing curriculum. This Senior Analyst is critical to defining and executing this program to achieve increased benefit usage, long-lasting card member habits, and ultimately increased share of wallet.
This candidate owns the end-to-end Consumer marketing strategy for Platinum and Centurion product marketing in Amex digital channels and direct mail (where relevant). The individual will oversee the marketing relationship with Product partners, develop go-to-market strategies for new marketing/new benefits, liaise with partners across Brand/GCO/Compliance/COEs/Servicing to obtain buy in, and execute to deliver lifts in Card Member engagement.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high performing candidate who wants to innovate and strengthen their thought leadership and relationship management skills. Success in this role is measured by your ability to innovate and drive engagement with our eNewsletter program, define and deliver a future state Travel experience, influence to obtain buy-in across partner teams, and flawlessly execute campaigns across marketing channels (email, site, direct mail) to grow Card Member engagement.
- Lead marketing activities for Premium Marketing curriculum including but not limited to eNewsletter and Travel Journeys, by increasing personalization, developing new creative, message testing, targeting and segmentation, and managing marketing investment dollars
- Partner closely with CPS, GCP Product and other stakeholders to influence go-to-market strategies and develop complimentary marketing plans to drive Card Member engagement
- Successfully manage and build cross-functional relationships across multiple internal & external partners
- Own monthly results reporting
- Experience in customer loyalty marketing and/or relationship management role with knowledge of AXP marketing processes
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for understanding what drives customer behavior and how evolving technologies can enhance our Card Member experience
- A leader with a passion for marketing, proven track record of driving results, and strong mix of analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Positive, self-starter with a thirst to move quickly, challenge what’s been done and demonstrate organizational savviness to proactively innovate. You can move quickly with high decision quality, including through white space or when circumstances create ambiguity. If there is no clear next step, you create it and tell a strong story for why we should do it
- Strong, proactive communicator with experience communicating with diverse partners and leaders. You are a strong storyteller and thoughtful about how to flex your style based on your audience
- Highly organized and comfortable delivering results across multiple work streams simultaneously. You’re not afraid to jump in to figure out ‘how things work,’ establish ownership and collaborate in a fast-paced environment to bring marketing to life
- Great sense of humor and energy for collaboration a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 29, 2018, 11:16:26 AM