American Express Careers
- Primary focus on leading a team of top-notch data scientists and machine learning engineers to build machine learning models from development through testing and validation.
- Collaborate with other technology and decision science teams to study the existing models and add valuable insights to improve models
- Ability to perform thorough research and evaluate new analytical models as well as deep dive into existing models
- Understanding the data, needs of the business requirements and performing data quality operations before developing the model.
- Quantitatively determining value and deriving insights, then assuring the insights are leveraged to create positive impact to decision science models and early warning signals.
- Hiring and developing Machine Learning researchers. Managing their day-to-day activities.
- Staying current with latest research and trends in Machine Learning and Finance.
- Use big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, R, etc. to manage the analysis of millions of customers and billions of customer transaction records
- Demonstrate accountability while leading people with passion, enthusiasm, loyalty and integrity. Own and lead HR processes such as performance reviews, talent development, etc.
- Consistently question assumptions, challenge the status quo, and push for improvement.
- Never settle for being “good enough”.
- Integrity, passion, high-energy, personal accountability, and a desire to lead others to excellence.
- Proven track record of influential leadership and building high-performance self-managing, self-motivated teams.
- Ability to build and leverage strong relationships with business and technology partners.
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience with Data Science and model development.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms and concepts such as feature engineering, regression analysis, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, recommendation engines, natural language processing and their implementation.
- Strong programming skills are required. Experience with PYTHON, R, MATLAB, BIG DATA PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES (SPARK, MAP-REDUCE, HIVE), SAS.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to apply both quantitative methods and business skills to create insights and drive results.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2018, 5:00:34 PM