American Express Careers
- Lead teams in iterative product development using Agile principles.
- Build and lead a high-performance team of software engineers.
- Core member of an engineering team to develop digital and automated solutions for our customers.
- Develop and design software applications, translating user needs into systems architecture. Assess and validate application performance and integration of component systems
- Bring a strong technical foundation; able to engage the team on architecture and design, and get under the hood of complex architectures, systems, and interface design.
- Ensure product releases are high quality, deliver excellent user experiences, perform seamlessly at scale, and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Keep up with the latest industry research and emerging technologies to ensure we are appropriately leveraging new techniques and capabilities.
- Demonstrate accountability while leading people with passion, enthusiasm, loyalty and integrity. Own and lead HR processes such as performance reviews, talent development, etc.
- Consistently question assumptions, challenge the status quo, and push for improvement.
- Never settle for being “good enough”.
- Integrity, passion, high-energy, personal accountability, and a desire to lead others to excellence.
- Proven track record of influential leadership and building high-performance self-managing, self-motivated teams.
- Ability to build and leverage strong relationships with business and technology partners.
- Deep appreciation for the importance of elegant solutions to technical challenges.
- Possess a good blend of business and technical aptitude and has a strong desire to learn new things as well as research customer insights, trends and business challenges.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience building and shipping large scale technical products.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related STEM field,
- Collaborate with delivery teams to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation.
- Strong Experience in Agile, Agile development, code review, CSS, Eclipse, HTML, Java, Relational database, SOAP, UNIX and Web Services.
- Strong understanding of SOA, Restful, Event Driven, and Microservices technologies for large scale environments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be comfortable delivering presentations to small and large groups including executive level management internally and externally.
- Experience with matrix organizations consisting of cross-functional teams and experience in driving large-scale change efforts.
- Hands-on experience with technology planning and road mapping.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2018, 4:58:54 PM