American Express Careers
Manager, MGM Product Development (12 month FTC)
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
American Express’ Referral Programme taps into the passion that our Cardmembers have for the brand and turns it into an acquisition opportunity. Through the programme, consumers and small businesses can recommend their friends, family and colleagues – It engages our Cardmembers, allowing them to unlock true value for their friends with unique enriched offers, while earning rewards for themselves.
At the heart of our referral programme, is a personalised referral link, which is unique to each Cardmember. It is integrated into the Refer a Friend microsite, the American Express Mobile App and other Customer touchpoints, enabling Cardmembers to share the referral link seamlessly through a variety of options. Referral Marketing is the fastest growing card acquisition channel for American Express globally and will continue the growth trajectory in 2018, given the strong underlying economics, relative under-penetration of the Cardmember base and significant appetite for investment.
This position will report into the Director, Referral Marketing and is critical to the programme’s ambitions of accelerating growth by spearheading new launches – Markets, Products and Communication touch-points. Additionally, the successful candidate would lead Bonusing Excellence, including the design of new flexible and experiential bonusing constructs.
- Lead launch of new markets, products and communication touch points
- Provide thought leadership on evolution of the bonusing constructs, including Spend Accelerators, Gift Cards, Experiential Rewards, etc.
- Partner with markets, Technology teams and other key business partners Rewards and Operations teams to enhance core bonusing capabilities
- Lead evolution and implementation of Referral Marketing related Gaming and Self Referrals controls.
- Partner with Technology teams in an agile environment to translate wider business objectives and ensure product delivery per roadmap
- Partner with digital acquisition leads across markets to support and ensure prioritization of Referral Marketing deployment
- Define and develop user stories to support new product capabilities and attend agile planning ceremonies.
- Partner with analytics to set-up tests, end-to-end tracking and reporting
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experienced Product Owner, well versed with user story creation, backlog grooming, sprint planning etc.
- Experience of collaborating with Technology partners, working as a core member of an Agile team and strong knowledge of Agile tools and methodologies
- Strong technical experience in developing both back-end and front-end capabilities.
- Strong understanding of lean hypothesis testing techniques for quick, iterative designs
- Superior relationship building and management skills, strong experience in influencing without authority with key internal and external stakeholders and partners at a local and international level
- Highly collaborative, values strong team dynamics and is proactive in supporting market partners
- Exceptional problem solving skills to find solutions to challenges or barriers in ambiguous environments
- Proven track record of driving results within digital space; takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared acquisition goals
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to interpret various data to drive strategy and innovation
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in developing and managing referral programs a plus.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2018, 6:48:22 AM