American Express Careers
Senior Manager Assistant
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the leading provider of Commercial Services programs, payments solutions, and other expense management tools that help small businesses, medium enterprises, and large corporations around the world manage almost all facets of their business spending. We are looking for a dynamic contributor and collaborator to help support the GCS executive office. This Sr. Manager will play a very central role on the team reporting in to the Vice President of Strategy & Planning and supporting key initiatives for the President of GCS.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a dynamic team that works across American Express. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Vice President, Strategy & Planning with overall planning and management
- Developing presentations, content and agendas for key internal and external meetings (e.g. GCS LT Meetings, president’s club, etc)
- Managing preparation for key internal and external meetings (e.g. creating meeting briefs)
- Streamlining processes with the other VPAs / DAs / MAs, including creating templates
- Managing projects, teams, schedules and stakeholders to ensure seamless delivery
- Partnering closely with key stakeholders and teams to develop and manage a calendar of activities for the organization
- Providing tactical and strategic support on a range of complex issues and projects as required, including being point person for global real estate, BCP, Living Will, Training and certifications
- Owning ticket distribution and other employee engagement activities in partnership with the EEAT team
This individual will work closely with leaders across GCS and partner business units to ensure strategies and deliverables meet the needs of their organizations and, ultimately, and of our customers. This individual must also be comfortable with having a very “hands on” role managing a significant amount of tactical work.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with exceptional ability to translate ideas and thoughts in written presentations
- Strong detail orientation with ability to think “end-to-end”
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience operating with large global cross-functional teams, internal and external partners
- Excellent project management, organizational and process/workflow skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understanding drivers and impacts
- Ability to efficiently prioritize, solve problems independently, escalate appropriately, manage tight deadlines, and handle changing priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of integrity, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Energetic, curious, self-motivated, proactive and able to work well under pressure and in an unstructured environment
- Team player, comfortable working in “white space” and willing to take on incremental responsibilities
- Experience working in a large/matrixed environment
- Expert with PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong process and project management experience
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2018, 9:05:06 AM