American Express Careers
Financial Analyst / Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst, Global Commercial Services
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the leading provider of Commercial Services programs, payments solutions, and other expense management tools that help small businesses, medium enterprises, and large corporations around the world manage almost all facets of their business spending.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the Lead Financial Office (LFO) team for GCS Marketing organization to drive spend and deepen relationships with our Commercial customers. This role is a blend of strategy, decision support, and project delivery. The candidate will collaborate cross-functionally with various finance and business partners to help them understand the financial impacts of their decisions as well as provide insights that will influence current and future business strategy.
- Produce comprehensive financial insights and valuable efficiency analysis to Senior Management on a timely basis; focusing on distribution channel efficiencies, Non-Card Lending profitability, and customer treatment measurement.
- Leverage customer data base to drive deep-dive analysis on customer behaviors and profitability which will provide strategic support to marketing decisions.
- Build ad-hoc cost benefit analyses to help the organization determine the viability of new ideas and potential opportunities.
- Support investment optimization planning and strategy, and tracking distribution footprint.
- Build, maintain, and leverage excellent relationships with key Finance and Business colleagues.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to achieve successful results while working in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed environment.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity to proactively anticipate problems, identify opportunities, and provide creative solutions.
- Strong analytical thinking and exceptional attention to details.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Ability to present and influence a range of audiences including non-Finance audience.
- Ability to manipulate large data sets, drive insights, and provide actionable steps to the business.
- Bachelor's Degree (Quantitative / Finance degree preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in PowerPoint required.
- Proficiency in coding with data tools (SQL, SAS, etc.) is a plus; willingness to learn is a requirement.
- Experience working with Amex systems (i.e. TM1) is a plus.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 29, 2018, 9:20:52 AM