American Express Careers
American Express is seeking a UX Designer with the passion to solve complex business problems through design thinking, creates groundbreaking new experiences, and who consistently strives for continuous betterment of their work.
Our team is changing the way people work. We help better the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, while helping the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at American Express means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are interested in inventing the future for corporate onboarding and want to create the next generation of user interactions and digital services. If you are passionate about guiding the future of client onboarding experiences and creating innovative, elegant, customer-focused designs, we want to talk to you.
What we expect you to achieve in this role:
- Works independently on a few medium projects (impactful, but not mission critical).
- Design work emphasizes timely production and meaningful iteration.
- Polished work quality with minimal, if any, need for senior designers to cleanup.
- Consistent high-quality deliverables that demonstrate design thinking.
- Pushes design boundaries to drive excellence.
- Iterates in a proactive, communicative, generative and timely manner.
- Documents work assets and packages deliverables to facilitate expedient use by others.
- Brainstorm and prototype concepts, specify designs according to use cases and iterate designs based on feedback and data.
- Collaborate closely with a multi-disciplinary design team to create user experience with visual elements.
- Be an advocate of customers throughout design and development of products.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Enterprise product design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in visual design, interaction design, human interaction sociology, psychology, or related disciplines.
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process you follow to build insanely great experiences.
- At least 3 years of visual and interaction design, with 1 year of Experience Design or equivalent.
- Advanced with Sketch, Photoshop, or other design tools.
- Ability to do rapid prototyping in Axure, Keynote, InVision or similar tools.
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into clean solutions.
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication, and technical problem-solving skills to contribute within a multi-functional and multi-disciplined team.
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection working inside an iterative and agile development environment.
- Irritated when encountering pull door handles that can only be pushed inward.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a fluid, fast-paced and truly agile environment.
- Expected to demonstrate a high level of initiative, good sense of humor, and a “make it work” ethos.
- Knowledge of web design technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Experience working in an agile or incremental manner
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 7, 2019, 4:41:15 PM