American Express Careers
Manager - Purchasing
- Develop sourcing strategy, execute sourcing events, and develop solutions with suppliers
- Lead strategic sourcing process (RFI/RFP/RFQ), for multiple projects in line with the category strategy
- Develop options, evaluation solutions and construct deals with third parties (with an enterprise mindset)
- Create detailed scoping requirements for specific projects and in support of overall category strategy
- Leverage internal and external insights for most effective results. (i.e. analytics, benchmarking, etc.)
- Develop commercial deal framework, negotiate key business terms and partner with Contract Strategy & Execution team on end-to end negotiation plan and contract execution.
- Build strong partnership with select strategic suppliers and manages them effectively
- Drive operational efficiency and effectiveness in the sourcing process
- Captures savings and value created for each negotiation
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Support a variety of American Express Business Units in the area of outsourced external customer servicing, telemarketing, card manufacturing, statement print and shipping.
- B.S. / B. A.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant business experience
- Strong procurement/sourcing process knowledge
- Strong Experience leading and participating on cross-functional and/or global teams
- Strong relationship management skills able to become a true business partner and a trusted advisor
- Deep understanding of the market opportunities and the broader business issues within call center and back office outsourcing, card manufacturing, print and shipping to be able to capitalize on market changes and future trends
- Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, planning, presentation and motivation
- Collaborative mindset
- Ability to manage day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables
- Passion for using analytics to develop insights and recommendations, solve business challenges, improve the customer experience, and drive bottom line results
- Strong communication skills a must
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change
- Experience with outsourcing customer servicing, telemarketing, card manufacturing, statement print and shipping.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2018, 11:58:18 AM