American Express Careers
VP - Lead Financial Officer
GCS (Global Commercial Services) is the American Express team dedicated exclusively to the success of Corporate Clients and Small Business Owners (SBOs) globally. This Finance Vice President of GCS Product Management position will lead a team focused on driving deep analytics across the Global Corporate Payments, OPEN Charge, and Cross-Border portfolios. Projects are designed to create insights that the Finance and business teams can leverage to influence key strategic decisions to achieve both short and long-term objectives. The business relies on such tools as B2B solutions, AP Automation tools, and rewards/cash back Charge products to distribute via the optimal channels (field, marketing, digital, etc..) to the appropriate customer segment and market. Value proposition enhancements, investment optimization, segmented customer profitability, and pricing structures will be key strategic priorities for this group. The GCS Product & Strategy Finance Team provides decision support and drives key financial analyses primarily to the Global Product Management team in the GCS business.
This role will interact with key Finance teams across AXP as well as our GCS business partners, Risk, Controllership, and other cross-functional teams to help deliver against the strategic and financial objectives. To be successful, the candidate will need to collaborate with the business to help them understand the financial impacts of their decisions as well as provide financial insights that can be used to modify current and future product decisions. Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize effectively, passion for the business, resourcefulness, and comfort working in an unstructured environment will be helpful behaviors for this position.
- Serve as key member of the GCS Finance and GPM leadership teams.
- Provide thought leadership, analytical, and decision support to the GCS Global Product Management team.
- Analyze product profitability and influence strategic decisions through financial analyses.
- Partner with business and Corporate Development on M&A and partnership activities.
- Identify and create analyses that support business decisions that will improve product economics and help leaders move the business forward.
- Partner with the Product Management teams to develop and analyze investment and reengineering opportunities.
- Provide analytical support for investment opportunities related to Corporate Card, B2B Products, OPEN Charge, Int’l Small Business Services, and Cross-Border solutions.
- Able to work with senior business partners to influence decisions and drive results through thoughtful perspectives.
- Strong analytic and modeling capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, deliver superior quality products, while adhering to time sensitive deadlines, and attention to detail with accuracy
- Intellectual curiosity, initiative, and strong work ethic are essential.
- Able to attract, develop, and retain talent through effective leadership, feedback, and recognition.
- Able to collaborate across teams and resourceful to find the optimal data source, approach, and solution.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, capable of synthesizing complex information, and focus on key messages.
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 10 to 15 years of experience preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 30, 2018, 7:07:14 PM