American Express Careers
Senior Product Manager-Global Digital Experience
The Global Mobile team is responsible for the product strategy, UX/UI and delivery of mobile apps for American Express Card members globally. This includes the Amex Mobile app available on iOS and Android in 21+ markets.
We are part of the wider Global Digital Experience team operating across the company, with a shared mission to become more essential to our customers lives. The team’s primary remit is to define and deliver digital experiences and best-in-class innovation in web, mobile, and push channels, partnering closely with data scientists, engineers, and designers. This is an exciting time to join the team as we accelerate our progress – the role the app plays in our Cardmember’s lives is growing and the successful candidate will be at the forefront of defining next-generation functionalities in this critical space.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Product Owner to join our team in New York. This is a highly visible position working with a variety of teams, including capabilities, engineering, design and marketing to bring new products and services to the mobile app. If you are interested in working on customer experience, mobile product development and strategy for a market-leading app, we’d love to hear from you.
- Development of product level strategy and roadmap with partners that aligns to Amex’ broader strategic objectives
- Leading product development process with our Engineering team and partner closely with Design to define the UX/UI for new features and capabilities for our mobile apps.
- Managing product backlog, documenting customer value propositions and making product prioritization and scope decisions
- Research and identification of new products and services by assessing competitive landscape and customer device behavior
- Measure the effectiveness and success of the different product features
Types of people we need:
- Experienced Product Owner/Manager with vast background in ideally in web and mobile, within a client side, product environment
- Technically minded & resourceful – with an appreciation of how to execute mobile initiatives in a lean/Agile environment
- Pro-active and enthusiastic strategic thinkers
- Familiar with user interface patterns for native mobile (iOS/Android) is a plus
- Collaborative – our role is largely partnership driven, working with capability owners, local teams and technology partners is vital
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather insights from data
- Success with being a team/collaborator- we’re looking for someone who can contribute to the strong team culture of our co-located and diverse team
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2018, 4:57:18 PM