American Express Careers
Exec/Admin Assistant I
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
Our mission is to protect and strengthen American Express through legal expertise and strategic advice that helps our business partners manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on the company’s promise of exceptional products and services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry and the valued partnership between our team and the business, we see it as imperative to attract and develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
The role will provide primary administrative support to two Lead Business Unit Lawyers and one Counsel.
- End-to-end assistance for global contract management, including gathering, delivering, proofreading, scanning, uploading, and tracking contracts prepared across regions and executed by authorized signatories in the US;
- Ensuring contract review, approval and execution is performed in accordance with company policy and procedures;
- Handling a wide range of administrative tasks, including but not limited to, processing expense vouchers, scheduling meetings and conference calls across time zones, coordinating travel arrangements worldwide and logistics, tracking and submitting payroll, booking rooms, AV support, and catering, submitting technology service requests; and
- Assisting with special projects and initiatives as requested.
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Work autonomously with minimal guidance in a dynamic and fast-paced organization and manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities independently with accuracy, flexibility, and attention to detail;
- Proactive in anticipating and adapting to the needs of a high-performing team, with an ability to identify and take initiative to solve problems and innovate to make processes more efficient;
- Enhance effectiveness by providing logistics, scheduling, coordination, administrative, and communications support, teaming as appropriate with members of the team and other EAs to solve problems and share best practices;
- Have a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, navigate large organizations fluidly with the ability to interface and work with senior level business leaders and their offices, and interface professionally at all levels of the organization as well as with external parties;
- Be a proven team player and collaborator;
- Maintain a high level of organization, administrative, written and communication skills;
- Handle highly sensitive, confidential information appropriately, including customer information, business insight and employee personal information; and
- Possess a working knowledge and proficiency of Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, Ariba, Payroll, Concur Expense Management System, SharePoint, among others;
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Project management experience and proficiency a plus
- Location: 2 Pierce Place, Suite 900, Itasca, IL 60143
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 30, 2018, 11:34:00 AM