American Express Careers
Executive Administrative Assistant
Global Merchant Services Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
Job Responsibilities: We are seeking an Executive Assistant to support two Vice Presidents on the US Merchant Marketing Team who lead an organization of approx 50 people. This individual must be able to manage multiple priorities, work independently and be detail orientated. The two VPs supported by this Executive Assistant have large teams, a heavy calendar, and sporadic travel needs and this position requires an individual who is well versed in ensuring their schedules and arrangements are handled efficiently. This individual will be responsible for managing and coordinating meetings across the team with partners across all levels. There will be an opportunity to expand work by contributing towards business projects over time.
Responsibilities are to support two Vice Presidents in the efficient administration of their offices including:
- Overall administrative management support, calendar management, including scheduling meetings and conference calls, booking room facilities and arranging catering when needed
- Travel planning and management of logistics related to travel
- Building relationships and planning meetings with partners across the company
- Manage expense reports in line with policy on a regular basis
- Manage logistics of meeting administration
- Coordinating team events inclusive of training days, town hall updates and team conference calls
- Support coordination with tech support on any software updates, tech requests etc
- Own and support the on-boarding/off-boarding of new hires/transfers, BCP lists etc
- Participate and support a positive team culture through employee engagement and recognition activities
- Driving special projects and initiatives as requested
- Natural, high-energy team player who collaborates well and has the capability to interact effectively at all levels of a matrix organization and within a fast paced work environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and and ability to manage any sensitive calendar information
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong ability to work independently and proactively without constant supervision
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure and be flexible to changing priorities
- Strong executive administrative experience and attention to detail
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work both independently and within a team structure
- Strong PC skills to include efficiency with the Microsoft Office suite. Ideally the candidate will also have experience in Amex procurement, expense management and travel booking systems.
- Flexibility to go above and beyond planned tasks in support of the team's success
- Strong leadership skills, able to think creatively and resolve problems quickly
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 7, 2018, 2:17:04 PM