Operational Excellence is a comprehensive and integrated program designed to identify, measure, assess, report, monitor and control operational risk exposures facing American Express (AXP). Through a collaborative partnership with risk and control groups, marketing, and product teams, the Operational Excellence team drives a robust first line of defense across the Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG) advising partners on how to effectively balance business growth objectives with a strong, effective control environment supported by the company’s Operational Excellence Framework. This framework consists of several core components, grouped into pillars, including governance, risk assessment, business and environment internal control factors, and reporting and monitoring.
The Analyst/Sr. Analyst, US Consumer Operational Excellence – will be liaison between the teams outside of Consumer Organization that manage and set policy for the Enterprise level programs and the teams within the Consumer Organization whose activities contribute directly to our performance against key program requirements and expectations for key programs/processes like Third Party Lifecycle Management (TLM), Data Loss Prevention and internal regulations.
Among the specific activities, this role will:
1. Manage oversight of Third Parties supporting, imparting proper guidance to partner managers regarding best practices and due diligence
2. Liaise with business and AET teams to find solutions that meet all stakeholders’ needs and comply with Amex policies for programs such as Web Vulnerabilities and internal regulations.
3. Communicate best practices to business teams regarding the handling and dissemination of sensitive Company and Customer information and escalate potential incidents to Data Loss Prevention Team
- 1-3 years of experience in operational risk management, strategy, internal control and process or similar function within Financial Services industries.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to success in a fast-paced, collaborative and team-oriented environment with evolving business needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and independently from end-to-end
- Must be detail oriented, very organized and a quick learner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive, results oriented and driven
This position will report to the Director, US Consumer Marketing Services, Operational Excellence.
eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the
company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives
for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and
resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing
a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed
and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new
challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to
take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and
momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to
back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2018, 5:07:05 PM