American Express Careers
Manager - Public Affairs & Communications
- Serves as the senior communications lead providing strategic counsel for all market initiatives and issues.
- Drives the strategic market and leadership communications programs for the local leadership team, most specifically serving the GSG site lead.
- Creates and executes communications strategies for Blue Box, market and GSG initiatives in the market and ensures execution.
- Oversees content and production of local news blog for all colleagues in Sunrise.
- Provides direct communications support to the GSG site lead, as appropriate, for internal and external speaking and PR opportunities.
- Leads local PR strategy to support American Express as a great place to work and serves as local media spokesperson for any inquiries.
- Promotes the Customer First mindset to all GSG colleagues through ongoing communications and in multiple channels.
- Implements GSG communications research/development strategy in the local market (e.g., communications test kitchens, focus groups, etc.).
- Pitches story ideas, writes, and manages approvals for Blue Box wide Square home page feature stories. Also develops content for GSG news publications and intranet.
- Oversees the market visual communications strategy for hundreds of digital/TV screens across the market and serves as subject matter expert on the technology platform. Provides oversight and counsels department leaders to ensure this channel delivers the maximum impact of engaging content.
- Serves on call 24/7 as part of the Crisis Response Team (CRT), responsible for both internal and external communications in the event of a crisis or other emergency (e.g., hurricanes, power outages, security threats, etc.).
- Creates and distributes market-wide updates and organization announcements.
- Creates strategy and provides communications support for, and as appropriate, organizes markets events supporting company/GSG initiatives (e.g., Customer Service Week, Customer Service Awards, etc.).
- Plays a key role supporting local market executive visits (EVP/President/CEO).
- Determines how to promote Blue Box initiatives in the local region with a holistic communication strategy (i.e., Give2Gether, etc.).
- Manages B30 resource for supporting execution of the local communications program.
- Executes on an integrated external strategy inclusive of business organization memberships, workplace recognition/surveys, and awards, as appropriate.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in journalism, public relations, customer service communications or a closely related field.
- Highly developed written, visual and oral communications skills.
- Media relations experience with proven results.
- Experience working in a crisis environment (crisis communications planning/execution).
- Proven ability to craft and implement effective communications plans serving a broad audience.
- Ability to work directly with and influence senior leaders.
- Ability to deal with high pressure environment and constant change.
- Ability to think independently, quickly and apply good judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate flexibility.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player with proven ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues across the company to support large-scale initiatives.
- Web/graphic design, video editing and photography a plus.
- Location: 1500 NW 136th Ave, Sunrise, FL 33323
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2018, 11:57:15 AM