American Express Careers
The Executive Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to two engineering VPs. This assistant position is an integral part of the engineering team and needs to be extremely proactive in anticipating and adapting to the needs of the engineering team. The candidate must have the ability to work well in a fast-paced engineering organization and manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities with accuracy, flexibility, and attention to detail. Critical to the success of this position is the development of positive working relationships with a wide range of colleagues both within and outside of American Express. Should be interested in their own career growth and be interested in growing and pursuing other roles within the engineering organization.
- Calendar management across multiple parties.
- Arrange and manage meetings, including scheduling of conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics, etc.
- Coordinate travel including air and hotel bookings, liaising with other Amex offices for internal meetings and managing last minute changes as required.
- Provide detailed itineraries of trips, including hotel arrangements, transfers, meetings scheduled, contact details, addresses etc.
- Greeting and chaperoning people visiting the office, such as job candidates.
- Filling out paperwork required by various Amex processes, including researching info needed to fill out the paperwork
- Ordering workstations, devices and accessories as needed by the team
- Processing of orders and all other invoices.
- Process cash/credit card expenses timely using Concur.
- Work with finance team to make sure all expenses are categorized under the appropriate budget line.
- Work with tech helpdesk for any computer support required.
- Manage own e-mails and correspondence in a timely manner
- Supporting special ad hoc projects as assigned
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively while meeting tight deadlines
- Must be a self-starter with excellent anticipation and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, act independently, and be resourceful
- Demonstrated ability as an excellent communicator
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, high attention to detail, and ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Demonstrated personal excellence and strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Skilled in the use and applications of American Express systems and processes preferred
- BA/BS degree
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 29, 2018, 3:57:22 PM