American Express Careers
Manager, Business Development I
- Cold calling a list of 500+ “small merchants” to educate and discuss and sell our financing products.
- Working directly with 20 to 30 assigned and dedicated internal lead referral partners to generate leads, go on customer visits, train and educate them.
- Delivering $1,500,000 to $2MM per month in funded loans (depending on territory).
- Building a robust sales pipeline projecting three to four quarters in the future.
- Meticulously maintain and work inside Saleforce.com to record 100% of merchant interactions, follow ups, presentations, emails etc.
- Perform cold drop-ins on merchants in the field when visiting other scheduled appointments.
- Leverage GCS teams to obtain warm introductions as well as generating own activity to drive funded loans.
- Utilizing consultative and challenger selling practices and conducting merchant visits to identify develop and close leads for new loan enrolments to meet funded loan goals within key target verticals.
- Gathering and sharing best practices, sales strategies, as well as marketplace and competitive intelligence from the assigned territory.
- Understanding competitive industry financing options to leverage key points of differentiation and identify potential new features.
- Ensuring proper business process and compliance controls.
- Overnight travel to select markets required –travel expectations vary by market but could be as much as 50% overnight travel.
Key leadership competencies include: collaboration & teamwork, “passion for winning”, valuing our people, customer focus, results orientation, creativity and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree–preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in consultative selling of card/ loan/ financing solutions
- Demonstrated success in pipeline management, strategic account management, and portfolio planning
- Proven history of developing sales strategies, closing sales, driving and exceeding results
- Strong teamwork, collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
- High degree of business acumen and analytical skills, including the ability to understand financial statements
- Demonstrated ability to work virtually, prioritize and self-sufficiently turn leads in to sales
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proficiency with PC applications is necessary (i.e. MS Office, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Salesforce.com)
- Well-developed project and time management skills required
- Experience working with small-medium size businesses advantageous
- Applicant must have a valid U.S. driver's license and be able to work from a home office environment
- Overnight travel required – as much as 50% travel within territory
- Applicant must reside within the designated territory - Newport Beach Southern California - San Diego
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2018, 12:22:00 PM