American Express Careers
Business Development Executive, Mid-Market Field
You will be responsible for developing a sound, commercial card acquisition sales plan for their territory aligned with the business and segment strategies. You will ensure that all planning, tracking and reporting are timely and accurate using the Targeted Account Selling methodology.
The candidate will develop and execute strategies by developing thorough product knowledge and consultative selling skills. Most importantly, the successful candidate will be accountable for growing the Commercial Card business through the acquisition of new middle market corporate customers.
- Execution of the middle market Corporate Card sales strategy within the territory prescribed
- Achieve aggressive Corporate Card growth targets in the region through a focus on winning new business to the franchise via new clients and cross-selling
- Manage the sales pipeline ensuring your pipeline is robust and will meet the targets including accurate and timely reporting of the pipeline and prospects
- Develop and execute a sales plan for increasing penetration and improving operational economics
- Fully engage the Performance Management and Development Planning Process
- Lead the strategy to penetrate segments within prescribed territory in middle market
- Align strategies with regional and global sales colleagues and share best-in-class practices, to ensure consistency and quality
- Develop linkages with the implementation team to facilitate fast efficient implementations of won business. Manage carry-over billings effectively
- Develop sound relationships across distribution partners e.g. Travel Agents, Expense Mgt Providers, Consultants, etc
- Retaining and growing the margins in our new business wins.
- Strong knowledge of or the ability to learn the corporate card business
- Direct sales experience in a B2B environment
- Structured methodology to acquire new business (TAS)
- Strong financial acumen (understanding of cash flow, P&L) and have the ability to have a confident discussion in relation to Corporate Payments
- Ability to collaborate and influence internally and externally (both face to face and over the phone)
- Experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies
- Ability to articulate knowledge about products, services and value proposition to prospects to C Level Executives is a must
- Valid Australian Driver’s License
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2019, 10:15:41 PM