American Express Careers
Analyst/Sr Analyst Consumer Marketing
Sr. Analyst, Customer Acquisition Direct Marketing
Consumer Marketing Services (CMS) is responsible for marketing throughout the entire Card Member lifecycle of all US Consumer Charge and Credit products including acquisition of new members, building early tenure relationships, loyalty marketing for existing members and retention efforts spanning all channels. The Senior Analyst, Customer Acquisition Direct Marketing, will be part of the Card Member Marketing and Engagement team responsible for deepening relationships with existing Card Members through value-added treatments that drive spend and lend.
This Senior Analyst will lead the charge developing and enhancing marketing strategies to drive growth through email and direct mail channels to existing customers, with a focus on acquisition through the referral program (ReferAmex). This Senior Analyst will play a critical role in shaping the Customer Marketing strategy to ensure Amex stays top of mind and top of wallet, and is an exciting opportunity for a high performing candidate who wants to innovate, gain channel ownership, and build core acquisition marketing skills. Working with a Senior Manager on the team, the Senior Analyst will work on the strategy, execution, and analysis of campaigns. This individual will also play a substantial role in transforming the channel to maximize efficiency, enhance targeting, and drive bottom line business results.
The incumbent should have a passion for direct marketing; be comfortable challenging the status quo with innovative thinking; have experience with analyzing campaign performance data, producing actionable outcomes; and the ability to partner well with key partners around American Express including Product Management, Brand, GCO/Compliance, Enterprise COEs (Integrated Marketing Solutions, Global Marketing Operations, Enterprise Digital), and Risk.
· Collaborate with key partners to ensure flawless end-to-end campaign execution. This person must demonstrate high strengths in organization and attention to detail, as well as ability to influence and work well with external and cross-functional partners.
· Analyze campaign results to refine marketing test plan; Review overall campaign performance and explain any variances to the forecast.
· Drive profitable acquisition strategy through robust test and learn of creative, capabilities, offers and segmentation
· Partner with creative agencies to develop breakthrough marketing to improve results
· Keep abreast of trends and new developments within the Consumer Marketing Landscape and provide regular updates on competitor activity
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- At least 1-2 years Marketing or Finance experience
- Experience with referral, e-commerce or growth marketing a plus
- Passion for Consumer Marketing; a desire to lead customer-centric experiences and communications
- Comfortable managing complex data and proven ability to derive insights from it
- Innovative, creative thinker and ability to think outside the box
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adeptness for building and leveraging relationships
- Strong organizational skills with relentless attention to detail
- Experience working with and managing external design agencies
- Strong knowledge of marketing processes and campaign execution
- Positive attitude and commitment to success
- Desire to have fun and work on a fast-paced, high performing team
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2018, 1:59:07 PM