Global Fraud & New Accounts is seeking strong candidates to be an Account Protection Specialist within the SHIELD team.
The SHIELD Team (Specialized Handling in Establishing Legitimate Data) investigates high risk accounts for Identity Theft and Fraudulent Applications for all products within the American Express portfolio. Individuals seeking these opportunities must be able to effectively listen to the customer, make a connection, acknowledge and empathize when appropriate. In addition to providing direction to the victims of fraud when supporting both inbound and outbound calls, the candidate must also meet production and quality goals. Flexibility will be a key to success, along with the ability to think critically and maintain strong business partner relationships.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
- Delivering difficult messages to a customer
- Exercising sound judgment in a world that is gray vs. black/white
- Driving innovation and change by "seeing the big picture" vs. just what is in front of you
- Prioritizing and multi-tasking effectively by keeping the nature of the request, the requestor, and all related details in perspective and confidential
- Thinking analytically with strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Being 100% focused on the team's success
*Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.*
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- 2 or more years of Fraud and/or Customer Service experience
- Ability to articulate a workable solution to the customer on a longer type of call
- Proven success in taking risks to gain efficiencies or improvements
- Ability to navigate in multiple computer systems while interacting with the customer simultaneously
- Proficiency in researching information for business related purposes
- Proven ability to effectively manage change and remain calm in stressful situations
- Above average PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proven strength when assessing the short and long-term effect that all decisions have on constituents and day to day business processes
This position will be located onsite within our service center located at 20022 N. 31st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85027. The hours of operation are seven (7) days a week from 5:00am -6:00pm including holidays.
The start date for this position will be February 11, 2019.
*This is a full time opportunity where candidates must be flexible to work any shift during business hours*
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2018, 12:35:50 PM