American Express Careers
Service Assurance Engineer
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation journey to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformation advances for the company. As a Service Assurance and Engineering Team with expertise in groundbreaking technology transformation, we drive service assurance for business critical capabilities. Our engineering team is nimble, creative and empowered to improve customer experiences and services. As a member of our team, you get the best of both worlds by partnering with developers to build state of the art capabilities as well as being able to assure reliable customer experiences. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, American Express is a phenomenal place to launch or grow your career.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Liaise between Global Infrastructure, collaborate with development and partner interfacing teams.
- Debug defects as well as develop dashboards using modern monitoring tools (e.g. DT1, Splunk) to enable reduction in detection time.
- Effectively lead a bridge and escalate as part of a larger incident management process.
- Function as member of a DevOps Team following the agile practice provide design inputs and operational standard methodologies.
- Effectively communicate to business and leadership on restoration.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and contribute to established goals.
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering or related technical experience. Up to 5 years of dynamic experience in software engineering.
- Experience with identifying application/infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and the ability to work with a team to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Experience with debugging techniques for root cause analysis of issues.
- ITIL working knowledge: Event, Incident, Release, Problem and Knowledge Management.
- Experience in one or more of the following: programming languages, networking, Linux/Windows, mainframe, middleware, databases, cloud.
- Performance troubleshooting and tuning, experience implementing high availability solutions like Always on, Clustering, Mirroring etc.
- Experience working with application performance monitoring, Moogsoft or an equivalent tool to improve overall efficiency.
- DevOps knowledge for highly-available IT infrastructure.
- Building live production APIs and services.
- Experience with automation development.
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 7, 2018, 12:44:07 PM