American Express Careers
Manager, International Growth Optimization – American Express, International Consumer
The International Growth Optimization (IGO) team is a central strategy and implementation team supporting American Express’s consumer business across 20 international markets. Reporting to the head of the international consumer business, the group leads the development and supports local market implementation of strategic initiatives that drive profitable, sustainable revenue growth. The team is responsible for:
- Identifying and delivering against net-new revenue growth initiatives that align to Enterprise priorities
- Ensuring effective execution of aligned growth initiatives through partnering with local markets and global centres of excellence to facilitate strategic projects of multi-market relevance
- Delivering bespoke data analysis for the leadership of the international consumer business and market partners to further enable data-driven decision-making and resource prioritization
- Leading the design and implementation of margin-enhancing initiatives, including through the development of technical solutions, in partnership with local markets and technology platform owners
- Developing and embedding effective market prioritization across markets and with critical business partners in order to aid investment efficiency and effectiveness
- Providing ongoing, informed guidance on growth levers to achieve the defined vision for each market
In line with the above remit, the Manager of International Growth Optimization will be responsible for strategic and analytical support related to market revenue growth optimization initiatives in proprietary markets. For identified markets, the Manager and wider team will help drive priority initiatives, which will be diverse in nature but have the common theme of accelerating profitable revenue growth for AXP International.
Opening Date: 7th December 2018
Closing Date : 3rd January 2019
- Develop fact-based guidance on market growth levers across (i.e. deep American Express market knowledge, in addition to solid understanding of market dynamics, competitor and relevant partner activities to create informed recommendations) and support stakeholder decision-making in relation to these factors
- Develop strategic recommendations on diverse themes, as required by international leadership and which are deeply informed by internal and external analysis
- Support and bring analytical rigour to strategic projects related to uncovering transformational AXP growth opportunities
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive and support regional and/or market implementation of key growth initiatives, with a particular focus on digital acquisition-related growth strategies
- Identify opportunities to “connect the dots” across central and local teams to effectively create, enable and/or scale net-new revenue growth initiatives
- Conduct international wide market planning exercise. Experience preferred within both market planning and campaign execution.
- Experience in Product Line Strategy experience required – need to create an enhanced value for customers and distribution partners through business model optimization and innovation.
- Business development experience essential. The need to develop innovate, profitable, customer-centric business growth strategies across multiple global markets.
- Experience in the ability to conduct robust external market analysis across the technology-commerce-marketing spectrum to determine best-in-class benchmarks and identify opportunities to power future growth
- MBA and undergraduate degree essential
- Strong strategic thinking and the ability to develop actionable recommendations to drive growth essential
- Exceptional business and financial acumen, with demonstrated ability to develop actionable insights from data required within the card issuing and payments industry essential.
- Experience in and passion for driving growth through digital marketing and/or digital acquisition-related strategies essential
- Experience working in an agile product management environment required
- Strong project and process management skills; Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- A “growth mind-set” and ability to drive new thinking that is profoundly customer-centric
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work across multiple markets
- Team player with a desire and ability to function in a fun, flexible, changing environment
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2018, 7:01:00 PM