American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
Technology is rapidly transforming the financial industry and the American Express Virtual Payments Team (VPT) is at the forefront of this revolution. VPT owns and engineers a growing, global payment platform. Clients use our platform to instantly receive virtual credit card accounts anywhere in the world via the web, web services, APIs and mobile channels. These virtual accounts are delivered using advanced payment technology and have tight authorization & fraud controls. They work with any merchant that accepts American Express and they provide enhanced reconciliation capability for our clients. VPT is a leading-edge technology team with an exciting future. We are seeking talented and innovative engineers to join our team!
• Technical Project Managers oversees execution of cross-functional development projects from initiation through release, utilizing SDLC methodologies and leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts and principles where appropriate.
• Works in partnership with Product Owners, and the core and extended team to create and prioritize the product backlog.
• Responsible for tracking iteration progress, actively contributing to design discussions, issue resolution and removing obstacles to ensure iteration commitments are met.
• Coaches teams to adopt SDLC methods, Agile values, principles and practices, and actively encourage teams to reflect and improve their delivery capacity.
• Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties.
• Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines.
• Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and creates an environment in which the team is continuously learning from the past.
• Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to understand Business needs and identify appropriate solutions.
• May perform hands-on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts, and results as needed in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
• Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented.
• Tracks and communicates team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports.
• Coordinates communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives.
• Applies judgment and discretion on when to raise issues versus work through issues with the team.
• Facilitates discussions and looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent work experience.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2018, 12:10:10 PM