You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further. American Express has embarked on an exciting modernization and transformation journey that is driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. In this role, you will contribute to a start-up engineering team which will deliver the next generation, Highly Available, Authorization & Settlement Platform for the mission critical American Express Merchant Transformation Initiative.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- You will be serving as a core member of an engineering team that takes ownership and drives design, development and implementation of software applications
- You will be writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and testing
- You will be identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- You will be performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- You will be designing and developing rest based endpoints and consumption of the restful API’s
- You will be developing deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- We are looking for Engineers that have a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- We are looking for Engineers that have a passion for working in a fast-paced Agile SaFe environment.
- We are looking for Engineers that are familiar with Build tools (Maven, Gradle)
- We are looking for Engineers that are familiar with Container based development (Docker, vagrant, puppet)
- We are looking for Engineers that are familiar with Reactive frameworks RXJava, spring reactor, vert.x to achieve better fault isolation and scalability.
- We are looking for Engineers that have a willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
- Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2019, 2:52:25 PM