American Express Careers
Exec/Admin Assistant I
The Executive Administrative Assistant I will provide support to the head of the Enterprise Digital Application Experience & Platforms (EDAP) team. The successful candidate is expected to build and maintain a positive relationship with other staff members, be an active participant on administrative teams and interact professionally with all levels of the organization, as well as external parties.
Major Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Understand the American Express organization, the key individuals, their roles and how they interact with the Executive Office of EDAPs.
- Organize and maintain leaders highly in demand calendar using a high level of integrity, managing across different time zones, markets and a large number of constituents
- Manage travel arrangements (including air, hotel, transfers, visas, and agendas) with an eye to the budget
- Organize internal and external business meetings, making all necessary arrangements including sending invitations, booking rooms and arranging catering.
- Proactively ensure leader is briefed on upcoming key meetings and proactively provide preparation support when necessary.
- Ensure timely preparation and processing of expense reports.
- Assist in tracking and management of team budgets.
- Prepare monthly organization chart and personnel updates.
- Work collaboratively with team members and colleagues across markets, supporting the global nature of the work
- Answer telephone, take messages, and route calls to relevant key individuals as necessary.
- Support leader in their role on the American Express Phoenix Market Leadership Team and EDA Phoenix Location Head.
- Ad hoc administrative / project work as requested that would include creation of PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and other report formats.
- Order of office supplies, equipment, and provide support for real estate requests.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and a positive attitude under pressure.
- Assist with other leader support details (lunches, drinks, appointments, travel, etc...).
- Curiosity; willing and excited to learn new things to become more effective at supporting the leader, whether learning about the organization or about digital tools and processes to support the Executive Office.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize in a changing and fast paced environment
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail with emphasis on consistency, accuracy, quality, timeliness and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues of all levels
- Excellent relationship skills, demonstrated ability to get things done
- Demonstrated ability to work against firm deadlines, independently manage workload in a dynamic environment, be adaptable and highly flexible
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and handle highly sensitive information as required
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Associates Degree is required; Communications, Public Relations, Human Resources, Psychology or other related field is desired
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Public Relations, Human Resources, Psychology or other related field is a plus
- Personal experience with international travel is highly preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2018, 8:40:51 PM