This position will be a member of the Operational Excellence and will play a vital role in driving the soundness of the line of business under Global Commercial Services through business self-testing and control testing.
1. Inclusion on the team responsible for supporting strategic implementation of the organization’s testing to include: operational, financial, and regulatory or compliance testing including, but not limited to, Business Self Testing, process monitoring and Process Risk Self-Assessment.
2. Proactively anticipate/identify issues, and control deficiencies, through testing and processes monitoring, assessing the impact of each, and work with business partners to develop and implement appropriate mitigating actions
3. Deliver periodic and ad hoc reporting against key business testing and monitoring to support management’s awareness and response to control improvements
4. Ensure compliance to the Operational Risk Governance Group, Operational Excellence, and American Express Compliance standards with respect to: documentation, testing, and certification of GCS business monitoring and testing.
5. Monitor activities to meet deadlines and commitments relative to: monitoring end to end process, risk assessment, program documentation, testing plan, reporting, and action plans
6. Partner closely with key control teams including, but not limited to: Operational Risk, Compliance, and Internal Audit, both within the lines of business and across the organization, to promote a well-controlled environment
7. Maintain internal control / operational risk competency through ongoing training and professional development
8. Undertake regular project work analysing business risks and exposures. Preparation of recommendations to business management with regards to process improvement, best practices, risk reduction and maximisation of revenue as appropriate.
1.A minimum of four year’s relevant experience required; which may include: internal auditing, internal control/operational risk, or related experience in the financial services/banking industry.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, strongly preferred.
3. Demonstrated willingness to take initiative and act decisively.
4. Creative mind that is not afraid of thinking differently to solve complex problems that have regulatory or compliance requirements.
5. Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness in ensuring that we are delivering on our customer promise
6. Effectively works independently within a team construct, while supporting teamwork and achievement of team objectives
7. Proven ability to effectively interact with all level across the organization including business and control partner leadership.
8. Solid evidence of leadership with the capacity to quickly understand critical linkages and business strategies in a dynamic, ambiguous environment
9. Strong written and oral communication skills coupled with solid presentation skills. This includes the ability to take analyze large sets of data concisely and convey messages to leadership and peers. In addition, strong knowledge to build reports, dashboards and metric reporting is desired.
10. Strong attention to detail and superior organizational and follow through skills.
11. Advanced knowledge using computer software programs and tools such as Office, Archer, Visio, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
12. In depth knowledge of products, procedures and policies relating to the GCS business portfolio is a plusThis role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 17, 2018, 8:13:15 AM