American Express Careers
Business Planning Analyst
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Our Global Corporate Services offers a suite of payment and lending products that help businesses and organizations of all sizes gain financial savings, control and efficiency. Global Commercial Payments provides solutions for travel and everyday business spending, cross border payments, global currency solutions, and business financing.
This position of Business Analyst sits under the GCS Europe Business Planning manager, and responsible for provide analytical support to the GCS UK leadership team, as well as day-to-day support to the field and team leaders to enable smooth business performance and help the field in achieving business objectives.
- Enabling cross-business referrals processes and their implementation
- Assisting in core business planning activities for the Sales and Account Development teams based in Central Europe, Russia and UK.
- Supporting the leadership team in monthly updates on performance reporting for our Sales & Account Development teams, enabling them to accurately monitor their performance and achieve their targets.
- Project support on both tactical and strategic initiatives affecting GCS UK, Russia & CEE.
- Support Business Planning Manager in responding to ad hoc requests from both within our teams and across the Blue Box.
- Supporting growth initiatives through industry and portfolio analysis, understanding of specific trends to replicate best practices across the industry segments.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent business analysis, and presentation skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of the card issuing business, financial dynamics and key profitability levers.
- Proficiency in MS-Excel knowledge is a must.
- Ability to multi task and work under tight deadlines.
- Innovative thinker who can proactively take on complex business situations and solve problems proactively.
- Awareness of external, local market trends and competitive landscape.
- Positive, can-do attitude, encompassing a strong will to win.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com will be preferred.
- Knowledge of database management systems (e.g., SQL, SAS etc.) is a plus.
- University degree in any subject is a plus but not essential.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2019, 9:26:37 AM