American Express Careers
E-Commerce Merchant Acquisition Sales Executive - English speaker
Why joining the EMEA Merchant Acquisition Sales Department?
Are you a native level speaker of English? At American Express we can offer a great brand, career, training and a fantastic team environment to develop your commercial skills if you speak English fluently. As an European hub, based in our new European Head office, we offer a rewarding package and the opportunity to work at one Spain's premier employer brands.
The EMEA Merchant Acquisition Sales organization is a sales team of different nationalities speaking more than 28 languages based in Madrid. Our teams successfully acquire and manage relationships with merchants in European Markets.
As an e-Commerce Sales Executive you are responsible and accountable for growing Merchant coverage in the UK. You will be responsible for the full sales cycle – including identifying, developing and owning sales opportunities from first contact through to closing the sale and ensuring that the merchant business is able to fully benefit from Accepting American Express in their establishment.
This is a senior sales role where success is measured by the amount of money processed by the establishments you bring on board the network. Success is rewarded through an attractive sales incentive plan and a strong benefits package.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear.
What do we expect from you?
The successful candidate will be a driven and resourceful individual who is able to leverage their knowledge of the UK e-commerce landscape to identify top prospects, use the appropriate Sales approach to engage and gain buy in from potential merchants, know how to handle objections and build effective relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Self prospecting and following up on leads to sign new Merchants for American Express acceptance in the UK.
- Leverage existing knowledge of the Payments Industry to build effective leads.
- End to end ownership of a lead, from first contact through to closing the sale and ensuring that they are able to fully benefit from Accepting Amex in their establishment.
- Participate in tactical sales campaigns throughout the year.
This role is an individual contributor role and will report to the Centralized Client Management Market Team Leader.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Native level English written and spoken. Other European languages are a plus.
- Backgound experience in e-Commerce.
- Sales experience.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- High level of integrity, willingness to learn and adapt to changes.
- Strong analytical, time management, problem solving and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, articulate manner.
- Knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Access and PowerPoint, Salesforce a bonus).
What do we offer in return?
Success is rewarded through an attractive package, a generous sales incentive plan and a strong benefits package. Positive attitude!
Benefits and perks:
- New state of the art offices, very well connected just near to Feria de Madrid. Metro Station one minute, ten minutes conneted with the city center. Parking facilities.
- Meal Vouchers
- Medical Insurance
- Life and Accident Coverage
- Amex personal card with no annual fee
- Educational and Language Allowances
- Work from home (up to three days per week)
- Sports, Voluntary activities, healthy incompany activities (Yoga, Pilates, Hipopresives, Soccer Team, Phisiotherapy, Mindfulness)
- Amex cafeteria, shower rooms, international collaborative library and many other building facilities
- And lots more!
It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, apply now – we are recruiting for roles with immediate start!
Check out this link for more about American Express!
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2018, 8:37:19 AM