American Express Careers
Do you want to work for a world renowned global operating financial service brand? A brand that was recently certified as Top Employer in the Netherlands by the independent Top Employers Institute? Do you thrive in a complex sales environment and do you like a challenge? Do you want to become the merchant sales champion for the Dutch Market, working in a great team of ambitious people? Then this might be the right opportunity for you!
About American Express
At American Express we believe that providing exceptional service to our customers is the company’s greatest asset and we are committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand. We deliver extraordinary service to our customers on a daily basis. We strive to constantly reinvent our ways of working and to continuously improve our products, services and knowledge in order to deliver high premium quality each and every day. American Express offers it’s colleagues great opportunities and a challenging and inspiring work environment in which constant development and personal growth are of great importance.
The Dutch Merchant Services team is the team which connects our highly valued merchants with our national and international card members. The main focus of the role at hand is making sure the coverage/card acceptance is expanding constantly in the right places. This key position within the Dutch Merchant Services Acquisition team is responsible for acquiring the top-mid to large sized merchant accounts in the Netherlands, mainly through face to-face visits. You will be working on new leads as well as on leads which are already in place, but at the same time you shouldn’t shy away from cold calling either and creating your own opportunities. We are curious to see what innovative ways you have in store to make sure you get where you have to be.
The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving and exceeding their individual sales targets through establishing Card acceptance with key merchants, mainly -but not exclusively- within the Dutch hospitality and retail industry.
Rapid growth will make it possible for thousands of Card Members to spend at hundreds of newly acquired locations.
This position is a direct sales role which comes with the following key responsibilities:
- You will report to the Head of Acquisition whose main responsibility lies in the closing of the coverage gap of the American Express card acceptance in the Netherlands.
- You will be part of the internal Merchant Acquisition team that is directly responsible for signing a large number of prospects identified as most critical to sign within the earlier mentioned industries.
- By understanding the industry, the competition, the client organization and the client’s needs, you are able to win new client business.
- Naturally you would need to possess/develop an in-depth understanding of the industries and potential new clients. We will provide you with the guidance and support which is needed to set you up for success!
- In order to be successful you will need to ‘be in the field’ and liaise with numerous business owners in the field of Lodging/Restaurants and Retail. Build and expand your network, be the specialist in the field.
- You must demonstrate the ability to negotiate and influence decisions, make tangible for the business owners that American Express is bringing value to them and their customers. American Express is not just another payment product.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Outgoing personality.
- Be attracted to the Brand ‘American Express’.
- Putting the customers first and have the ability to demonstrate what value American Express can bring to them.
- Established sales experience (minimum of 2-3 years) with demonstrable track records, preferably within the Hospitality/Restaurant/Retail Industry.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Have a network and thorough know-how preferably within the hospitality industry.
- Fluent in Dutch and English; ability to communicate at senior level.
- Minimum graduated HBO. E.g. Hogere Hotelschool.
- Team player yet able to work independently.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, tenacious, strong “will to win”.
- Eye for detail.
This is a full-time role based in Amsterdam
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 20, 2018, 7:43:42 AM