American Express Careers
Manager, Business Development – GCS, Merchant Financing
- Cold calling a list of 500+ “small merchants” to educate and discuss and sell our financing products
- Working directly with 20 to 30 assigned and dedicated internal lead referral partners to generate leads, go on customer visits, train and educate them.
- Delivering $1,500,000 to $2MM per month in funded loans (depending on territory)
- Building a robust sales pipeline projecting three to four quarters in the future
- Meticulously maintain and work inside Saleforce.com to record 100% of merchant interactions, follow ups, presentations, emails etc.
- Perform cold drop-ins on merchants in the field when visiting other scheduled appointments
- Leverage GCS teams to obtain warm introductions as well as generating own activity to drive funded loans
- Utilizing consultative and challenger selling practices and conducting merchant visits to identify develop and close leads for new loan enrolments to meet funded loan goals within key target vertical
- Gathering and sharing best practices, sales strategies, as well as marketplace and competitive intelligence from the assigned territory
- Understanding competitive industry financing options to leverage key points of differentiation and identify potential new features
- Ensuring proper business process and compliance controls
- Overnight travel to select markets required –travel expectations vary by market but could be as much as 50% overnight travel.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2018, 2:55:04 PM