American Express Careers
Manager - Investor Relations
American Express Investor Relations acts as a liaison between the Company and the financial community. The group’s mission is to maximize the fair valuation of American Express Company, and its access to the capital markets by effectively providing the investment community with information about the Company's strategies, objectives and performance, and by enhancing Company management's understanding of the investment community's views and industry peer performance.
- Unique opportunity to interact with external investment community and senior management while supporting the Investor Relations team’s efforts to provide the financial community with insight into the Company’s strategies, objectives and performance.
- Support the team’s efforts to provide a comprehensive investor relations program; preparing talking points for senior management and actively participating in select meetings with institutional investors, including annual investor day, quarterly earnings presentations, sell-side conference presentations, road shows, one-on-one meetings, conference calls and daily phone calls by taking comprehensive notes and liaising on logistics.
- Track, analyze and report on the Company’s investor base; including the Company’s quarterly ownership data and meeting activity. Manage and enhance investor targeting model to prioritize investor engagement activities and provide insights to senior management.
- Manage internal communications report to senior executives, leveraging and summarizing key themes from various analyst reports, competitor earnings releases and other industry reports.
- Develop and manage quarterly earnings material including compiling relevant information for use at the conference call with analysts/investors.
- Develop and manage presentation materials for annual investor day in an effort to externally communicate financial performance as well as business model outcomes and successes to investment community.
- Build and manage relationships with key constitutions across the Company; including senior management, General Counsel’s Office, External Reporting, Communications and the Corporate Planning and Analysis team.
- Support and advance ongoing projects within the Investor Relations group.
- Strong relationship and influencing skills; ability to collaborate with cross-functional business partners across the organization.
- Must be able to manage and assimilate a large quantity of information.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills w/deep understanding of card economics
- Given extensive exposure to Chief Financial Officer and senior management, must possess excellent communication (oral, written and listening) skills.
- Be proactive in anticipating needs of customers and responsive to requests in a timely, efficient manner while performing in a busy and difficult environment. Proven experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong power point and excel knowledge. Ability to research various topics with intellectual curiosity. Knowledge of Bloomberg a plus.
- Financial knowledge of the Company and familiarity with the competitive and economic dynamics of the businesses a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2018, 4:54:29 PM