American Express Careers
Director, Platform Strategy
- Reimagining solution delivery with next gen product management, agile prioritization, and on-demand development;
- Driving a sustainable platform strategy that adapts to growth and industry trends;
- Building global, composable, and real time platforms to power our digital lives while -
- Delivering world-class software and seamless customer experiences.
- Partner with product and engineering communities across the enterprise to design, scale and launch agile operating models.
- Challenge the status quo and solve problems creatively using your toolbox of techniques such as Design Thinking, use case development, journey mapping, maturity modeling, and benchmarking.
- Design, prepare and lead workshops to facilitate solution development collaboratively.
- Lead a team through all phases of strategy and execution projects including scoping, defining the approach and end to end plan and leading change management activities.
- Collaborate effectively and build key relationships to identify and manage dependencies.
- Tell a compelling story in whatever medium works best – but frequently it will be PowerPoint.
- Manage outcomes by managing the details – sequencing and preparing for meetings and events thoughtfully to drive conclusions efficiently.
- Hire, develop, and engage a diverse, high performing and motivated team.
- Help build an awesome culture across Enterprise Platforms by participating in team building and colleague engagement activities
- You show up with passion.
- You’ve got sweat equity earned through previous roles in Tech Strategy, Operational Strategy, and / or Management Consulting.
- New territory is your comfort zone and you are not afraid to test, learn, and pivot.
- You have a robust understanding of and experience with Software Product Development, Engineering, Architecture, and Agile development.
- You have a deep toolbox with a variety of methods to develop and execute strategy and change such as Design Thinking, Process Mapping, Maturity Modeling, Benchmarking, etc.
- Your financial acumen is high, including product financial modeling.
- You are great at distilling information into recommendations, drafting compelling visual stories and communicating ideas succinctly.
- You are a master dot-connector – you know that true outcomes are not accidental, they are crafted with collaborative leadership, deep empathy, and relentless attention to detail.
- You connect dots because you are Curious with a capital C. You read up on American Express news and Payments, Banking, Fintech, and Tech trends.
- You have our customers’ back – and an enterprise mindset in everything you do.
- Partnership is your middle name – you know how to get the best from large, cross-functional teams.
- MBA or equivalent required; previous management consulting experience preferred.
- American Express is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 7:27:30 AM