American Express Careers
Manager Public Affairs- Travel & Lifestyle Services
- Oversee executive communications for the President of TLS; help her to communicate thoughtfully and effectively to various external and internal audiences in order to build a broad understanding of TLS business goals and best practices.
- Identify and manage external thought leadership opportunities, including presentations, panel discussions, and speaking engagements.
- Manage the content for the President’s social media channels, from content calendar ideation to the posting of content.
- Write and develop communications such as presentations, talking points, FAQs, organization announcements, blogs, and video treatments and scripts for external and internal audiences.
- Develop impactful global strategies and communication approaches to help drive confidence in TLS and colleague engagement.
- Provide internal messaging for company-wide initiatives and issues, as well as those unique to TLS.
- Support the executive office in overseeing logistics for global town halls and executive telepresence meetings.
- Partner with internal TLS communications managers to develop news and content for the TLS newsletter and intranet site focused on external news and messaging from the President and TLS executives.
- Minimum of five years public relations experience
- Bachelors required
- Proven ability to create and implement effective employee communications plans serving broad audiences; multinational experience a plus
- Strong media relations, writing and editing skills
- Experience writing/editing speeches, bylines and other PR content
- Creativity in developing and managing stories with national, local and trade press
- Self-motivated team player, with proven ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues across an organization to support large-scale initiatives
- Experience providing confident and persuasive counsel to clients
- Experience working with PR agencies a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 7:44:50 PM