Job Description: Procurement is responsible for helping EC maximize the purchasing power of third party spend. It provide strategic consultation, bringing commercial value perspective, negotiation and delivery to maximize purchasing power of supplier spend and to free up investment capacity through deeper partnerships with our business partners and on-boarding new suppliers, contracting activities, realizing significant cost saves, manage account payable and third party risk framework.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
• Lead a team of procurement professionals in China to develop category management spend profile, strategies and industry benchmarking and prepare presentations and dashboards to discuss with internal stakeholders and suppliers to realize saves, influencing demand and driving other value add benefits support growth
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with market leaders to understand key business strategies, annual goals/objectives and economic challenges/opportunities
• Initiates and drives strategic activities with different business stakeholders that have major impact on revenue and profitability
• Negotiate deals and contracts and complete supplier assessments and selections through RFx activities
• Acts as the key contact to EC executive management
• Develop and management third party risk management framework
• Partner with business development team to collaborate with different business partners to develop supplier strategy to support business growth.
• Create a culture of strong strategic thinking, financial analytics, markets place focus and partnering closely with business units to influence and help drive key, strategic business decisions
• Manage and execute supplier contracting activities with the balance of risk management and delivery efficiency.
• Manage approved supplier list, process improvements with a focus on reducing time to market, monitoring and analyzing performance
• Relationship lead with AMEX and LianLian procurement organization.
This role will be reporting into Chief Finance Officer
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Strong strategic thinking and planning skills, balanced with proven track record of delivering tangible results in complex, global and matrix work environment
• Excellent relationship management and communication skills with ability to collaborate and influence across levels with internal and external partners (including senior executives). Proven ability to engage and maintain senior stakeholder relationship
• Proven track record of data analysis to develop insights and recommendations, solve business challenges, improve customer experience and the bottom line results
• Effective leadership skills and commitment to mentoring, coaching and developing a team of procurement professionals to deliver high-quality output with limited resources and work collaboratively with colleagues and partners
• Positive & “can do” attitude, ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced, and at times unstructured environment and maintain flexibility to meet the changing needs of the customers, business units and the organization
• A bachelor’s degree (business management, supply chain management desirable). MBA or equivalent preferred.
• At least 10 years of extensive, broad-based strategic sourcing and category management experience.
• Experience in establishing a new procurement function in multinational company is preferred.
• Experience in leading a Procurement team in Financial Institution, Fintech or Payment Company is strongly preferred
• Fluent in Mandarin and English
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2019, 1:48:43 AM