American Express Careers
- Be the key local point of contact for the financial infrastructure set up, lead the coordination across multiple functional groups at parent company and local level (including Controllership, Tax, Treasury, Technology, Procurement and HR)
- Lead the team to ensure day to day accounting and financial activities are accurate, on timely manner and meet required China and US GAAP standard
- Build, develop and coach a team of finance professionals (both managers and analysts), ensuring the team remains highly motivated, goals are well communicated and work is prioritized appropriately.
- Maintaining a strong control environment, and ensuring the operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Advising the CFO and CEO in providing regular financial updates and results analysis, together with comprehensive documentation to support the sign-off of the annual financial statements
- Ensuring appropriate pricing arrangements are in place for activities between affiliated parties and transactions are properly accounted and executed.
- Primary responsibility for implement local and corporate finance related policies, ensuring compliance with all Regulatory and Statutory Reporting requirements (both in China and US)
- Primary responsibility for legal entity asset management and cash management
- Primary relationship manager with EC’s finance vendors (Banks and non-banks), local government, and parent company finance teams.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Familiar with local regulatory reporting guidelines issued by CBRC and PBOC, as well as regulatory requirements from MOFCOM, SAIC and other relevant local authorities.
- Strong technical finance background, with advanced knowledge in financial accounting and reporting, internal controls, basic knowledge in tax compliance, treasury activities, and hands-on experience with statutory audit.
- Strong project management skill set, including ability to manage cross functional experts, to collaborate and influence internal and external partners, and to derive actionable steps from strategic mandates
- Strong understanding/experience with ERP system (Oracle, Yonyou experience preferred)
- Proven people leadership skills, coaching and building up a diverse team and change management experience is preferred.
- Ability to work and lead independently, strong problem-solving capability and can-do approach.
- Experience in working in a matrix structure and ability to work under pressure to meet ight deadlines and balance/prioritize conflicting demands.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of work experience in finance and accounting related;
- University degree for finance and accounting or equivalent Professional qualification such as CPA, CMA or CA preferred
- Proficiency in MS-Office applications.
- Knowledge on China GAAP and US GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficiency in both written and spoken English
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 27, 2018, 1:06:27 AM