American Express Careers
Senior UX Designer
Works closely with Digital Workplace product team members to craft the colleague content portfolio user experiences by connecting closely with leads in a dynamic, agile environment. Works hands-on in all aspects of user experience developments including: capturing and understanding business & user needs, crafting information architecture diagrams, building out detailed annotated wireframes, high/low fidelity prototypes and a wide range of strategic UX deliverables.
• Transform ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible assets that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes for users
• Build detailed wireframes, information architecture diagrams, mental models, persona’s, usability testing stimulus, site maps, story boards, user flows and high / low fidelity prototypes along with a wide range of UX assets and deliverables
• Lead UX design works in agile, fast paced environment – fluently deliver just in time design works for sprint cycles while enhancing the quality and experience of the products
• Lead UX projects through all phases of product development, MVP deployments and iterations
• Effectively act on partner feedback, user testing results and learning’s to improve assets, products and services
• Manage relationships with internal partners, brainstorm and create concepts which form the user experiences cross channel (mobile and physical / virtual desktop)
• Work in collaboration with key project team members, including user experience researchers, product owners, tech leads, developers, strategy, PM, and visual design
• Be a passionate advocate for the user, ground ideas in data driven solutions by connecting with our User Experience Research team to incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process.
• Ensure adherence to design best practices, standards, brand consistency
• Adds to decisions about tools, methods and approaches
• Finds opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
Education & Experience:
· 5-7 years UX / Interaction experience designing consumer facing applications, websites and mobile experiences
· Exceptional skills in ideation, sketching, concepting, brainstorming, and UX asset production
· Strong portfolio showing breadth of UX Design work
· Degree in computer Science, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent working experience
· Fluency with design tools, most notably OmniGraffle, Ilustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Invision and/or other UX & prototyping software
· Ability to simplify and turn complex interactions into intuitive user experiences
· Knowledge and/or experience working in agile product development
· Knowledge and/or experience designing responsively across devices
· Exceptional skills in ideation, sketching, wireframing, user flows and information architecture Ability to create both high and low fidelity clickable prototypes
· Strong relationship management, verbal & written interpersonal skills
· Knowledge and experience designing responsively across devices
· Data sleuth – great interest in using data to improve products and differentiate the user experiences
· Clear and confident communicator with an affinity for visual storytelling
Technology Core Competencies:
· Adaptive Communication
· Agile Practices
· Industry and Company Knowledge
· Organizational Change Management
· Technical Acumen
· Technology Industry Trends
· Collaboration & Teamwork
· Continuous Improvement
· Servant Leadership
Role Core Competencies:
· Iterative Product Design Planning and Development
· Prototype Engineering Functional
· Design Thinking
· Pragmatic Marketing
· Information Architecture
· Interaction Design
· Persuasive Design for Credibility and Trust
· UX Planning
· UX Research
· Visual and Information Design Leadership
· Coaching and Mentoring
· Relationship Management
· Vision Setting Business
· Design Industry Trends
· Problem Solving
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 11, 2018, 4:49:08 PM