American Express Careers
Analytics & Customer Insight Senior Analyst
This position is a unique opportunity for an open-minded individual to operate in a start-up environment with the full support of the American Express and subsidiary Loyalty Partner organization. Participate to the world’s largest Loyalty Management company, this partnership combines the strengths of American Express with the marketing and couponing platform and expertise of Loyalty Partner and the PAYBACK coalition loyalty programme – Europe’s and Germany’s largest multichannel marketing platform. PAYBACK Italy has more than 10 million active customers collecting bonus points and spending them across a wide range of retail, travel and service industries. The business model generates more value for customers, card members and merchants, often engaging with them via social and digital platforms. The position will work very closely with Partner Managers, to ensure that all operative processes are handled on a high quality level and delivered effectively in order to provide the required analysis and to maximize results. The incumbent will conduct analyses of the Data Warehouse of the PAYBACK programme in Italy (e.g. data mining, customer segmentation, and campaign analysis).
The incumbent will be in a position to support the following tasks:
- Consulting to PAYBACK and the partner companies on targeting and campaign optimization
- Carrying out data mining projects for PAYBACK and the partner companies
- Cooperate and collaborate as closely with other PAYBACK analytics teams in Germany, Poland, India, Mexico and USA
- Design and development of standard processes using SAS and Oracle SQL
- Deliver KPIs to measure business success and deduction of actionable conclusions for the business
- Educated to degree level in Mathematics, Econometrics, Statistics or similar degrees with quantitative focus
- 2+ Years with quantitative, statistical or analytical experience, ideally in a grocer, a telco or a bank
- Clear communication and ability to turn information into insights.
- Analytical consultant skills in using and selling analytics and presenting results
- Good understanding of the basic statistical concepts and methods (e.g. distributions, tests)
- Highly proficient with Excel and a script or programming language such as SAS, R, SPSS, VBA, SQL
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 24, 2018, 7:39:54 AM