American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
You will be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team responsible for enhancing and supporting Global Commercial Services’ platforms. You will also play a key role in partnering with business and technology colleagues to drive strategic priorities. Our team follows agile methodology and uses the latest distributed development technologies to design, build, test and support software that meets the needs of the business and improve upon it through operational ownership.
In this role you will work in partnership with Product Owners, and the core and extended team to build and prioritize the product backlog. Responsible for tracking iteration progress, actively adding to design discussions, issue resolution and removing obstacles to ensure sprint/iteration commitments are met.
- Coaches teams to embrace the Technology SDLC process, Agile values, principles and practices, and actively inspire teams to reflect and improve their delivery capacity
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints/iterations across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint/iteration, and builds an environment in which the team is continuously learning from the past
- Influences without authority through effective change and leadership management.
- Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to understand Business needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Uses their technical acumen to enable removal of impediments, ask probing questions, and support team in technical issue resolution
- Facilitate discussions to identify alternative or different approaches to solve problems, break down barriers and drive resolution of conflicts to ensure productivity of the team.
- Steer and deliver project communications at all levels within Technology and business to ensure transparency of development process and project performance, to oversee critical issues and issue resolution, to facilitate decision-making, and to build trust.
- Creates an environment of continuous improvement through reflective conversation and regular retrospectives, with the goal to surface issues/concerns and to identify clear action steps. Scope of Impact/Influence
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years of technical delivery experience with a consistent record of progressive responsibility
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages a plus
- PMI Agile Certification a plus High-performing Behaviors
Strengths You'll Need:
- Ability to facilitate focused discussions to gain consensus
- Ability to drive continuous improvement of the delivery team
- Servant-leadership skills
- Deep understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality Product Delivery & Integration and testing best practices
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn new technology quickly and easily
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
Are you up for the challenge?
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 4:44:19 PM